So… what technology does this replace?
Q by SoLVBL™ operates dramatically faster and at lower latency than the alternative today, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)—commonly referred to as Blockchain. This in turn enables data uses and applications DLT does not support.
The Q by SoLVBL™ protocol produces a unique digital seal for each submitted record. This seal, in correlation with the record for which it was issued, can be used to:
- Prove the record has not been altered since the seal was issued
- Link the record to the possessor of a private signing key, i.e. an identity
- Determine relative ordering of records sealed in this manner
- Uniquely identify an instance of the record by way of its seal (each seal reflects an instance)
Q by SoLVBL™ is a Cloud SaaS with a simple Applications Programming Interface(API) and therefore it is cost-effective to implement. Q by SoLVBL™'s API may be integrated with existing applications in a straightforward manner, wherever data is created, stored or used. Whether the Q by SoLVBL™ API is applied as an add-on to a client application or as a technology replacement depends on the architecture needs and maturity of the system in which it is used.
Q by SoLVBL™ sets a new standard for speed and scalability. Q by SoLVBL™ moves at the speed of business.
Users seeking equivalent assurances to what Q can provide will typically gravitate towards various Blockchain or Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT). The significant shortcoming of DLT is that the inherently decentralized nature of these technologies causes them to impose prohibitive latency or bandwidth limitations on their users. That in turn imposes limitations on how quickly your business can transact.
For instance, a single transaction can take minutes to hours to complete on popular Blockchains and the number of overall transactions which can be processed per second is often measured in tens or hundreds of transactions. Q by SoLVBL™ can process 150,000 transactions per second at a minimum, with an average latency of 16 seconds.
Alternatively, users might use in-house solutions to try to get this functionality but may then sacrifice the strong assurances which can be obtained from Q.
Q by SoLVBL™’s secure and scalable protocol leverages mature, well-tested cryptographic primitives to provide its assurances. While it leverages a decentralized technology for one aspect of its workings, it does so in a manner which avoids the limiting throughput and latency constraints that plague Blockchain or Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT).
The result is a technology that can process vast amounts of records per second, with essentially constant (low) latency. Use cases that could not be conceivable with alternatives become feasible with a system that can process hundreds of thousands of records per second on commodity hardware.
Additional benefits to the protocol:
- Enhanced confidentiality:
- User data (i.e. the processed records) are never exposed to Q by SoLVBL™; they never even leave the client’s system.
- Seals can be transmitted, along with the records they’re associated with, to a 3rd party – who can verify them independently, without recourse to Q by SoLVBL™.
- Cost effective operation:
- The transmission and storage footprint required to use the protocol is very small.
- Ease of implementation:
- Q by SoLVBL™ interacts with its clients through an API and calls for minimal integration impact on existing systems, while enabling new architectures leveraging its advantages.
- Enhanced confidentiality:
Q by SoLVBL™ is data agnostic and supports multiple applications.
Q by SoLVBL™ supports much more than just banking and payment transactions, which makes it a versatile solution for any high speed, high volume data authentication need.
The Q by SoLVBL™ protocol is data agnostic. In fact, Q by SoLVBL™ is never exposed to the underlying record data at all. From an integration standpoint, any digital record can be processed by this protocol.
Q by SoLVBL™’s secure protocol offers unprecedented speed and scalability, greater confidentiality, plus cost-effective implementation. DLT struggles to provide any of these attributes.
Q by SoLVBL™ does not require that valuable data be sent into a distributed network, nor does it impose high latency while that network reaches consensus. Q by SoLVBL™ provides its specific assurances and permits users to store and verify as frequently as needed for their applications.